Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Its always ourselves we find at the sea



For whatever we lose (like a you or a me) its always ourselves we find at the sea. -E.E Cummings 

While editing these photographs this E.E Cummings poem popped into my head and it just seemed to fit.

You know when you find a place that just seems to make sense in your life, all 
the pieces fit together and when you need it the most you feel incredibly at home although your far from it? You wake up in the morning ready to conqure the day, the world even! This small part of the Algarve, Portugal has had exactly this 
affect on me. The cliffs of Monte Clerigo and Arifanna plummet to the sea where 
incredible beaches are nestled in coves between spectacular rocky points, fresh 
fish grilled whole with a splash of salt is the evening fair, 
local music fills your ears, and friendly people make up your days and nights. 
When I travel im always inspired by the people, landscape, local foods, etc but I dont always feel like I fit in, and very rarely do I find a place that I could 
stay and make a home. Its a beautiful thing to find that special place 
where you could spend the rest of your days.



No comments: